Welcome to 44 Private Dental Centre’s Publication Scheme. This is a guide to the Dental Practitioners who practice together within our practice as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This Publication Scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by 44 Private Dental Centre. It is a description of the information about our Dental Practitioners and Practice, which we make publicly available. Some information is not made publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness.
How Much Does it Cost?
The publications are all free unless otherwise indicated within each Class [with £]. Where information is provided at a cost the charges will be calculated as set out in Class 7.
How is the Information Made Available?
The information within each Class is either downloadable from the practice website or available in hard copy from Poppy Dunton at 44 Private Dental Centre
Your Rights to Information
- In addition to accessing the information identified in the Publication Scheme, you are entitled to request information about 44 Private Dental Centre under the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made.
- From January 1st 2005 it will oblige 44 Private Dental Centre to respond to requests about information that it holds that may be recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions, which have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your dental records or any other personal information held about you and for this you can contact Poppy Dunton our Practice Manager at 44 Derngate, Private Dental Centre, Northampton NN1 1UH
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the Scheme, please write to Poppy Dunton at 44 Derngate (same address).
Classes of Information
All information at 44 Private Dental Centre is held, retained and destroyed in accordance with NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information, which can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000. Where individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are e.g. the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This applies to all Classes within the Publication Scheme. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following broad categories:
Dr Resh S Diu; Registered 1998; male [Principal Surgeon]
Dr Mandeep Gosal; Registered 2003; male ; orthodontist
Dr Vikas Vohra ; Registered 2004; Male Associate Dentist
We have one dental therapist who works part time
Poppy L Dunton DipHE DT DH (Cardiff 11’) GDC Number 177942
Adults and and childrenare treated under Denplan Care or Privately. Please look at our website www.44derngate.co.uk for our opening times. In case of a severe dental emergency out of hours, Registered Denplan or Private patients only, should telephone , preferably before 9pm. Our practice has ground floor access to a surgery and toilet facilities.
Regular publications and information for the public
We publish a regular newsletter, have a comprehensive practice information leaflet, and smoking cessation leaflet.
We have a Practice complaints policy, which can be viewed in the practice or upon request
Our Policies and Procedures
We have a data protection policy, a health and safety policy, an infection control policy, child and adult safeguarding policies, an infected material spillage policy, and a variety of other policies, which are available at the practice.
This Publication Scheme
This scheme was written in June 2017 and is updated annually. Poppy Dunton is responsible for managing information and updating publications within 44 Private Dental Care
Cost of Information
For the most part, we will charge you only for hard copies or copying onto media (e.g. CD ROM). Some information is available free, but for others there may be a charge. The charges will vary according to how information is made available. Charges are as follows:
- Via the Dental Practice Web Site –Free of charge, although any charges for Internet Service provider and personal printing costs would have to be met by the individual
For those without Internet access, a single print-out as on the website would be available by post from 44 Derngate, Private Dental Centre, Northampton NN1 1UH or by personal application at the above practice.
However, requests for multiple printouts, or for archived copies of documents, which are no longer accessible or available on the web, may attract a charge for the retrieval, photocopy, postage etc. We will let you know the cost and charges that will have to be paid in advance. We will not provide printouts of other organisation’s websites.
- Leaflets and brochures. Free of charge for leaflets or booklets; for example practice information leaflet. A list is available from Alisha Payne
E-mail-will be free of charge
www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk -This is the Information Commissioner’s web site.
www.lcd.gov.uk – This is the Lord Chancellor’s web site
www.nhs.foi.uk -This is the NHS Freedom of Information web site
FOI Act 2000 www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/acts2000/2000036.htm
Code of Practice under Section 45 FOI Act 2000 www.lcd.gov.uk
Code of Practice under Section 46 FOI Act 2000 www.lcd.gov.uk
Material available through this Publication Scheme is subject to 44 Private Dental Care copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is done so accurately in a manner, which will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme. For HMSO Guidance Notes see www.hmso.gov.uk/guides.htm